The rapid and robust development of virtualization technology has demonstrated the strategic role of virtualization and virtual private server VPS in the information technology world.
Virtualization technology is seen as an art-science that creates the function of a software object that is similar to a physical object. Simply, you can see that virtualization is a technology that emulates computer hardware to run software on that emulator platform. Virtualization technology provides the middleware layer between hardware and software for management. , split hardware resources for software operations.
The Main Forms Of Virtualization
- Virtualization has the following basic forms:
- Virtualization of the server system
- Virtualization storage system
- Application Virtualization
- Virtualization of the network
Among them, server virtualization technology is considered the most popular. It allows a single physical server to split into multiple virtual private servers. Each VPS owns a separate system, including operating systems and applications. Besides, the form of the virtual private server from a virtual infrastructure is also becoming very popular.
The Goals Of Virtualization:
Virtualization addresses key goals: Scalability, Availability, Management, and Optimization.
- Stability: Enables customization, narrowing or extension of the server model without interrupting the application.
- Availability: Helps keep the application running by minimizing downtime when upgrading, moving, or fixing hardware.
- Governance: Increases centralized management, making management more scientific and easy.
- Optimal: Allows for thorough use of hardware resources and avoids wastage of physical devices such as servers, switches, and the like.
The Roles Of Virtualization
In fact, there are many companies using old IT infrastructure. Their computer system is designed only to run on an operating system/application in one go. This causes the enterprise to use multiple servers for one operation while not achieving high performance.
On the other hand, the expansion and business requirements have led to the transformation of information technology infrastructure into virtualization. The cost savings of virtualization will be to develop the business. Virtualization technology also makes maintenance much easier than physical infrastructure.
Thanks to virtualization, cheap VPS offers some benefits such as:
- Manage, maintain information technology infrastructure and deploy new applications simply and fast.
- Automate and minimize the time spent managing server resources.
- Have high availability due to hardware, operating system, and application independence.
- Reduce downtime when hardware upgrades, maintenance, operating system updates.
- Allow the virtual machine to restart when an error occurs automatically.
- Be easy to copy, clone system resources, greatly improve recovery time.
- Be easy to check, evaluate the ability to recover from the incident.
- Save up to 50% on equipment costs such as servers, power supplies, cooling systems by increasing the performance of existing servers.
- Increase server performance by up to 80%.
Virtual server VPS is the best solution to the cost of IT infrastructure. At the same time, this technology also offers high stability, high availability, resource optimization and user-friendly management. As a result, not only large companies but also small and medium enterprises can apply this technology.